Pregnancy is a very special time to use
Ten Pregnancy & Labor Tips From Katherine Graf Jenkins
1. Incorporate floral waters into your life as a safe way to relieve
stress and refresh yourself.
2. Citrus oils such as sweet orange, neroli, and mandarin are safe and lovely
3. Avoid hormonal, emmenagogue, and neurotoxic essential oils at this time.
4. Cut your dilutions in half during pregnancy. 3 - 4 drops in the bath. 5 - 6 drops in a massage oil.
5. Never take essential oils internally. Do not douche!
6. Have a Birthing Contract or Agreement with your health care provider.
7. Consider the options of using a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) or a Birthing Center (free-standing or within a hospital). They are usually open to complementary care.
8. Prepare your labor kit during your third trimester. Lavender, Geranium,
9. Avoid using essential oils with premature babies and newborns. Use plain
10. Use a limited subset of essential oils for children. Lavender and
Roman Chamomile are
Note: High risk
pregnancies may wish to completely avoid essential oils during pregnancy.
© 1999 - 2005 Katherine Graf. All rights reserved.